Monday, September 12, 2011

I write with glacial slowness

I love the expression 'glacial slowness'. Could be my Epitaph. 'H moved through life with glacial slowness.'


I like to think long and hard about the best way to do some-thing. I like to analyse and assess. Then go over all the pros and cons carefully again. Things go missing while I'm still thinking about the best way to put them to use.


Meanwhile there are people who write two thousand words a day. And they also tweet, face-book, blog, work 8 hours a day, have an active social life, raise kids, pets, garden, clean the house, exercise, and keep up a couple of other hobbies. I'd struggle to keep up ONE of those tasks on a regular basis.


As for producing two thousand words a day ? Just the thought, and I feel panic rising.

No comments:

Post a Comment